Dr. Blakeney’s Birthday “Cake”
We would like to wish Dr. Christine Blakeney a very happy birthday!
We celebrated Dr. Blakeney’s birthday with flowers, balloons, and a very interesting “cake.” The “cake” was a Raw Avocado Cake made by our acupuncturist, Renee Hubbs. It was made with all low inflammatory foods that are approved by our doctors. It was different from any other cake I’ve had, but surprisingly delicious! See below for the recipe from doTERRA Essential Oils.
<img class="aligncenter wp-image-1168 size-large" src="https://i1.wp.com/cfohealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_0796-e1443714564815-616×1024.jpg?resize=616%2C1024" alt="CB's Birthday" srcset="https://i0.wp.com/cfohealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_0796-e1443714564815.jpg?resize=616%2C1024 616w, https://i0.wp.com/cfohealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_0796-e1443714564815.jpg?resize=181%2C300 181w, https://i0.wp .com/cfohealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_0796-e1443714564815.jpg?w=2000 2000w” sizes=”(max-width: 616px) 100vw, 616px” data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
Raw Avocado Cake
3-4 pitted dates
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4-1/3 cup almonds
1/2-1 teaspoon water
Pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon melted extra virgin coconut oil
1 drop doTERRA lemon, lime, wild orange, or grapefruit essential oil
- Grind first five ingredients in food processor until it turns to a dough.
- Add extra virgin coconut oil and essential oi, then grind into a mixture until it holds together when pressed in your hand. Press into the bottom of a mini springform pan.
- Put mixture in the fridge while preparing the filling.
1 large avocado
4 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons water
1-1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1-2 drop doTERRA oil used above
5-6 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
- Blend first 5 ingredients in a blender until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut oil and essential oils and blend again.
- Take crust out of the fridge and pour in the filling.
- Return to the fridge and chill until firm (about 8 hours).
From doTERRA Living Magazine, Fall 2015
Follow us on: